1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lamb sweater (its all about the buttons)

      I really went all over the place with this little sweater. At one point I had knitted the body until I realized it was not working. You know I rather like it.

                                       
                                   Yarn: 3 sks of Baby's First- Bulky (5)  

                                    Hook: J for sweater Needles 8 for hat
                                   
                                    Pattern: I used just the yoke Crochet World August 2010
                                   
                                    Buttons: JHB  they are expensive ( on sale with gift card)


      Hope this helps with the information.  The sweater I stayed true to the pattern for the yoke I then dbl crocheted for 7 rows then 2 rows of ribbing then 2 rows of sc. I added 2 rows of ribbing to the sleeves and rev. sc around the sleeves and bottom of the sweater. I slp st around the collar.
It is more like a little jacket.  I think it is about a 12mo.- 18 mo. size.

     The hat is the topknot hat from knitlist.  I found it is no longer up.  If you were a fan and need the numbers let me know.  I just added ears and curly top, eyes, and nose.  All you have to do is look at it.  It is simple stuff.

     WP. and I have been painting...NO MORE!!!. last night I took pain killers well ,ok it was aspirin, but that huge for me.  I am now officially an old woman it happened on a ladder in my kitchen. I may or may not have heard an inter voice saying your to old for such stuff go sit in your chair and knit.  I was  under the influence of toooo much coffee and the air was so thin near the ceiling ;) 

I want to show you my knitting needles.  I made the entire hat without dbl points. Its not easy on the last row, but doable. I am so afraid I will loose them.  This size is as scarce as hen's teeth. 

Well I am in for a soak and  and hour of maybe just sitting and staring .  I am that wore out.




May your days be filled with blessings some longed for and some surprises. hugs Mimi




         

No comments: