1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, December 29, 2008

Blast from the past Monday or Tuesday?



This year I am going to have a blast from the past day. I think it will be blast from the past Monday. I will feature an old project with the book or mag. that the pattern came from ...if I can remember... Please let me know if you have a blast from the past.

Heres my first blast. This is a sweater from McCall's Fall 1980. I made 2 one in pink and one in yellow. The sweaters were made from Red Heart Super Sport. This was a brand new yarn in the 80's. My Ben Franklin had a nice selection. Back in the 80's Ben Frankin was thee store. K-Mart sold yarn. but I only got to go to K-Mart twice a year. No yarn store within 200 miles seriously. I can remember not breathing for awhile when my McCall's came. A year of McCalls was always my birthday present. I read it from cover to cover even the adds. I cannot tell you the things I made from McCalls patterns. I can't remember, but I may have cried when they stopped publishing.

The pattern was easy and looked great back then. I wore a black skirt/pants with it and I had black and yellow earings. I remember making the arms longer. 3 people have worn this sweater. So it has had some serious wear, and it still looks good. Say what you will about Red Heart.

No comments: