1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, December 15, 2008

Best Ever Rice Krispie Treats



I ordered the molds from the side of the Rice Krispie box back in the 80s, but I found some Minnie and Mickey molds on my own someplace????. You could use about any mold. Putting them in a buttered pan and cutting them in squares would work. That's what I will do when my grand kids no longer care about such things. Had a thought you know those cheap plastic sand toys that the kids mold sand in. Same thing. Will now be on the look out in the summer.

Chewy Rice Krispie Treats (Best ever)

1/4 cup of margarine or butter
10 oz of marshmallows ( 40 large or 4 cups of the miniature marshmallow)
4 cups of Crisy rice cereal
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Melt the margine or butter on a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted, Add vanilla and stir. Remove from heat.
Add the crispy cereal stirring until all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.

If you have molds: Using a buttered spatula or spoon, press mixture gently into the buttered mold. Unmold onto a buttered cookie sheet . Continue to mold until mixture is used up.

No molds a buttered pan will work. Press the mixture evenly in the buttered pan and cut into squares.

Warning you kind of need to act fast don't dilly around. Also be careful they are very warm at first.

I would show you a picture of mine,but honestly 2 batches and I never got the camera out in time. Gone, but not forgotten.



I have started a hoodie like the frog hoodie I made in a size 12mo this is 18mo. It is a pretty blue. I must monkey around with it. Two thoughts, app. fish in orange, green ,yellow, with silver bubbles coming up and trimmed in the orange, green and yellow. Second thought, trimmed in black and yellow maybe white, with bright colored cars app. on with big yellow button headlight .I have the perfect car app. remember I used it on a hat to match a sweater for Gusty.

Well I hope to have the back done on the hoodie tonight. I know live in hopes die in despire.

No comments: