1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bigger basket!



Nan and I are just burning up cotton yarn like crazy. We needed a bigger basket. I will be done with another dishcloth this afternoon. Now the problem is we are left with ugly yarn. Nan has a better stash than I do, but really can you raid your blind mother's stash? I may make some dish towels if I can work it in. Nan has mostly made coasters,but she is now making a green and white set. I will be the grabber.

Monday is Ya's choir program. Thursday Nan and I will put the coasters together with ribbons and have a girls day together. Dear God let me have another year of all things Nan- Nan at Christmas.

May your week be filled with lovely things. You can wish it back if you want to.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Does your nan put old cd's inside coasters, and they would make lovely gifts for that someone who you might have forgotton at christmas, or unexpecting guests over xmas time, not a bad idea might make some just in case
hugs xxx

Mimi said...

Yes. we put the Cds in coasters. They really do make nice firm hotpads or coasters. My mom (Nan) my kids called her nannan well she has dementia (not as bad as others, but still :( ) she can make coasters and potholders really well so that is her thing. She is priceless to me. I don't know what it is with me here of late, but I just have the energy for mindless knitting or crocheting. You know when some people are stressed they knit wonderful things or clean up a storm. Not me I veg. I just curl up and do mindless stuff. Wish I was the other cleaning ,knitting, baking ,cooking wonder. So does WP. :)