1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Still Here




I have not fell once this week....guess got my sea legs back.  We went to Barnes and it looks like next Tuesday Mike will get the drain bags out woooooo hoooooo. That means we are just left with the wound vac and the ostomy bag. He is not gaining weight. I am just at a loss as what to do.  I am cooking his favorite foods and buying things he thinks he might be able to eat....and rarely does. My scales said he weight 118lbs.  I felt sick when I saw what he weighted. I honestly thought he had gained just a little. He use to weigh 160lbs.  I think that has side lined me more than anything. I feel so helpless at times... like I should be able to fix this.  Well I am going to address this with  Dr. Hunt Tuesday.  

The kids came by today and I went to get some groceries.  It is sad when Sam's club and Wal-mart are exciting places to go.  I saw and old man in Wal-mart that reminded me of daddy....I am emotionally weak, cause I almost cried....okay I cried a little bit.

All in all we are doing  alright.  I got a card from my friend Ann. It was very thoughtful and uplifting. Nothing like snail mail to make you feel special..  I have 4 dishcloths done, and trying to get five and more plus some scrubbies made before I send them out. It will get cold before long and I have to make cancer hats for the center, but before that I am making a baby dress or sweater just because that is such a joyful thing to make. The dishcloths have been such a blessing. I have enjoyed having a reason to make them plus I am using up a little of the cotton scraps....win win.

Hugs, love sent be happy this week if you think of me I hope its a smile I bring to you.