1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, August 17, 2015

Come laugh with me.

Do you rememberr the Elvis song, Did you Ever Have One Of Those Days Boys.  Well girls and boys I had a doozzie.        

I got up scrubbed floors and cleaned really well ( well my new standard of really well) then after I was done and the floors were dry, I opened the freezer for ice and a large container of oatmeal came down off the top of the fridge.  Most of the oatmeal went everywhere on the floor, but the fun stuff landed in my ice bucket. Here's a tip oatmeal sticks to frozen cubes like glue. I had just made ice to store for the trip to St. Louis. It was a mess.  Later I opened the fridge to start supper and an entire container of beans spilled out of a air tight container...of course it did.   Are you laughing yet.  I get Mike all showered up and his bag changed and guess what we had a bag explosion.....it wasn't pretty. Now I cleaned all this stuff up and thought I needed a bath...my legs now because of my age only grows hair in spots good grief you think you have smooth legs then,Hello, in the sunshine you look like Bigfoot in spots.( Big foot mange) I set about to bush hog my legs, when got into the tub with my distress bubbles and no razor....of course. I get out and find a new razor. When I  get back in the tub I fall hitting my head on the tub. Honestly after it stopped hurting I just laughed because then I couldn't get the razor cap off the razor...of course I couldn't.  Oh it does not end there. I was thinking maybe I just need to go to bed. I get  Mike all settled and start to bed. Now let me set you up for this, my bed is very old my gr grandmas and very tall.....so I jump into bed and as I did I turned to see if I had closed the door. .....slid off the bed and fell between the bed and wall on my back. I am so weak on my left side because of the stroke I seriously thought I might not be able to get up. Yes, it hurt, but after awhile I knew nothing was broke it was just another funny episode in my day.  I wiggled and wiggled till I got close to the window ceil and eventually pulled myself up. You got to laugh.


What bothers me is I can't get the cap off  one of the drain bags to flush it. Its not just me. When we go to St. Louis tomorrow...on my list. I have only flushed it about once a day on average. When vna nurse comes she helps and others come by. Its hard for everyone and impossible for me.  I pray for a fix. Mike I think is finally gaining a little weight.  He is fussing about getting his hair cut so that is music to my ears. Still knitting dishcloths when I get a moment.


Hugs  and love sent to all. hope you had giggles about my day. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS....SMILES .