1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Another Hospital stay

  Well another stay in Barnes this time it was at Wash (north campus). Mike got the surgery and the vac. The bags stayed on, we just got rid of the bulb. I stayed with him, and neither of us slept that night. This vac. is so annoying for him and I need to watch it all the time. Last night I thought it was plugged in to the wall, and when I got him up to move him in the living room the battery was about dead( gees). The vac has three places that can come undone....much remember to check each socket. He is not in any pain right now so that is a blessing.  One of the bags was changed on me and its very different so I could not get it flushed last night or this morning called vna and they never showed up. So my daughter-in-love came out and brought her best friend a nurse. It took the nurse awhile to get it off and she had to use a clap scissor type thing to do it. I was so relieved I could have cried .....so grateful.  All I can do is what they tell me and when I can't ( like flush that bag it just gets to me.

Remember me, my blood sugar is up, my blood pressure was up 185/ 95 last night.  I forget to take my meds sometimes. So much to do, and I simply forget. I try to walk on the deck at least 30 mins a day. I am not eating right, but I try as best I can.   Whats really discouraging I can not see it getting any better for a long time.  Mike can not go back to chemo as long as the drains are on.....I thought a long time ago they would be off by now. Now the vac will be in for awhile...they said I would not have to  change the canisters, but its already over half full so it will have to be changed tomorrow.

It brings to mind what grandma would say,  I can't do all this and got to mill to boot.  I can do this, and with great joy.  When I doubt my self I look at the card Ann sent me that said Hoping you know how much you're capable of.   I framed it .  She will never know how much it meant to me.  I am still making her dishcloths and enjoying it so very much....win win.


Well, hope this did not sound sad or that I am down. As long as I have Mike  I am  a happy girl strike that happy old woman :).  Love sent to all my people that stop by to share my adventure. If your desires of your heart are good then I pray for have them. Hugs bugs.