1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Things

     Every year WP and I have Nan and Popaw over before Christmas.  I give them their fruit bread that they love and a few little gifts. This year I added dad's hat scarf and fingerless mitts (no pic I forgot).  He seemed pleased with a new set.  I had not made him one in years. I just made a simple dinner. I am still not up to par.   I feel so weak and everything is such an effort. Christmas Eve is a big sit down dinner that rivals Thanksgiving. Popaw reads the Christmas story and we have the Christmas prayer. We talk to the kids about Christmas . The presents are all opened Christmas Eve except one is put back for Christmas day with the stockings.  Christmas day is more food, but on a smaller scale...my dears it is all in my lap. Send me prayers of strenght.

   Pictures are of the orange scarp and a Christmas one I tossed in.  The other set is for a 5 year old for Christmas. I just winged it except for the mitts those are from Bev's country cottage (child's mitts).
Pics of the fruit bread for my mom and dad.  It is so yummy WP. and I stole  a couple of pieces from one of the loaves.




I have not been out checking blogs and my favorite places. Maybe after the first of the year I will be back to normal.........well whats normal for me.     Hugs and wishes for such wonderful things to come your way.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Merry Christmas Mimi!! Prayers of strength coming your way! The orange scarp is adorable. Your grandson will love it.

Much love and Christmas wishes from Marla and Scott and the cats.