1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A new hat




Nan bought me a birthday book with my Hobby Lobby coupon in Aug. I think she gave around 6 for the book. I really liked the felted bags, but the baby sweater is what sold me. You see I have never found my perfect knit pattern. It is a quest.
I have a really bad cold ( you may say poor Mimi if you wish for it would be true). Since I am sick I picked up the book and thought I'd have a go at one of the patterns. The hat had no graph. Each row was written out. I think it may confuse a newbie. I know I am use to doing graphs, but I was zooming along and I realized it was wrong. If they had not put a picture of the hat with the pattern it would have been a mess. Then I just blindly followed the pattern. The hat in the pic I am sure had a 1 inch ribbing then 1 to 1 1/2 inches till the pattern is started. The pattern states 2 inches for ribbing then 2 till the pattern. It also starts the dec. right after the pattern is finished . I am sure it needs about a inch till you start the dec. so the next hat I will make the ribbing 1 and 1/2 and 1 inch sk then start the pattern then 1 inch sk till first dec after the pattern. Anyone that knits at all will pick up on this right away. All in all I do like the book for simple knitting even if I had a little goof up with the hat. It could be me and my severe cold meds . You should really put on a mask to read this:) Look out I am going to SNEEZE........

No comments: