1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Last rug for awhile



  I think I like this rug the best.  It is very large and heavy. No moving around at all on this one. I think all my scraps are now used up.  I feel so self  righteous.

  I have the big eye tonight.  It could be the coffee, but it may be because WP. went back to work tonight. I really miss him.  He took 5 days off  from work . We blinked and it was gone.  He had to shovel some this afternoon. The truck and my car was buried.

I have cast on 2 yes 2 sweaters.  An infant one in a green and a size 6 hoodie in a soft grey.  I never do that.  I try to keep it to one project.  Once in awhile I will have a crochet and knit project going.  I told you this seems to be a year of change.

Mom fell on her patio.  She decide to take their little dog out.  Dad was asleep in his chair.  She went out the back door. That naughty little girl.  She has a skinned knee, and is sore.  We were blessed. If the roads are good I may go get her tomorrow afternoon.  I have everything done here.

Mom and I are going to sing nights while WP. is at work (her favorite thing).  All the old songs.  She remembers all the words. I have candy for us to make.  Maybe she can remember enough to help me make her yeast bread. Its the old way and I have not written it down.  She uses the same dough for her sweet rolls..my word the are good.   Time has not taken my mom's sweet spirit, and that my dears is our  family blessing.

Hope your as snug as a bug in a rug. Wishing you joy pressed down and running over.

2 comments:

glor said...

The rug is gorgeous. I really have to make one of these. Adding to the list! Your mom time sounds wonderful, enjoy. I'll be listening for the songs. Blessings.

Marla said...

Hi Mimi

Glad Mom wasn't hurt! You must share your scrap rug pattern- they look so neat. And be sure to show the sweaters when they're done!

I know about missing hubbies- mine is working nights right now and I rarely see him.