1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, August 1, 2014

Sweet week

  Its been a sweet week. The days have been cool for July and much appreciated by all. We have been sitting on the porch rocking like the two old people we have become.  I need to get out my bird book, we have had a diverse group this year. I miss momma so much when we sit on the porch, but its still such a pleasure.

   I have been buying things for the kids for school.  I can't believe that its another school year. Soon the bus will be roaring by. I can remember my daughters first day of school. She was the baby and the only girl. I cried all morning. She took to school like a duck to water. No crying she couldn't wait to get on that bus.

We have a new septic tank put in this coming week$$$$$.  We were told 15 years ago we had to have one put in that it wouldn't last.  I just ask God to let it last till we could afford a new one...Thank you God.  3 kids in college was hard.Then two went on and got their masters degree.  They graduated with no loans no bills. We did drive an old 87 truck 2 years without air and it was the only vehicle we had. It is still running on our youngest son's farm in Desoto. He has the prettiest place, but he has worked hard to get it in shape.  He still works in St. Louis, but drives the 45 min each day to and from work.  He has a wonderful job, but could not stand his son being brought up in the city.

  Ky. mom will be here soon.  I will have to deal with her being in mom's room. She is a cracker jack for sure.  She called today and was moving out of her  retirement community (which she can't do). I really need some of her zest, but not to much.

  Well, I have meant to blog more, but life has been getting in the way. Maybe when school starts and Ky mom goes home this Fall.  I know how I miss reading my friends blogs. 

    I pray you have a wonderful Aug. all filled with joy and good things....hugs mimi