1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, May 7, 2010

Christmas basket started...potholder talk




I have made 2 potholders for the basket so far. One I think is a little small,but my mom likes them a little smaller than normal (green one). Now the red one is made larger and it folders itself into a triangle. Why? instead of whipping it shut with yarn and needle you either slp stitch or sc it closed forming a rid on one side which lends its self to folding and it stays folder. I really like this one. So you can find the pattern at potholder Now the crocheting it closed is not in the pattern its just the way I do it for the tri potholders.

You remember why the Christmas basket? Mom and I make small things and place them in a basket next to the door. Anyone that drops in can grab a gift. It is always empty Christmas night.

So far it has: 6 kitchen hanging towels, 6 dishcloths, 7 coasters and 2 potholders my mom (Nan-Nan) is making or trying to make another potholder. She is my hero. My mom's fighting spirit sets an example for the entire family.

I had mom over for a sleep over last night. We went to bed at 2am. We ate our selves sick, sang all the old songs, and we remembered.... it was a precious time.
Dad called her 3 times to tell her little things,sooo sweet. He was here before 10 to pick her up. She may be almost 83, but the woman is popular :)

This coming week I hope you laugh so hard that its hard to breathe and then again when you try to squeak out the incident to someone that would appreciate the incident. I could use one of those moments wish it back. Oh yes and there must me laugh/tears and a moist nose. If it doesn't happen try to relive the last time it did. For me it was a KY mom moment a hearing aide was involved....the giggling is starting.

No comments: