1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,and to work with your own hands...1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweet top down crocheted baby sweater !!!!







I have the big eye as grandma would say. I cannot sleep. I have had the GKs for 4 days. We stayed up late and slept in. I can't seem to get back on track.

I am over half done on the shell blanket. I am slowly quilting the quilt (will be much more on that when it is done)

The sweater is very cute a lovely little pattern and there are many more to choose from. Sweater Cotton yarn and rubber buttons. The hat is and Angel Craft pattern and you must be a member in case you are it is the baby floppy brim hat. The booties are the fake Mary Jane's

The set was all made with cotton yarn and I just rev. sc around the sweater. The hat I made adjustable with a tie and made a hatband in contrasting color to hide the tie. The flowers were just rip offs of the buttons to make it seem more a set.

I am proud I have made several different sweater patterns from my folder I have had since the 90s. I always meant to make at least one of each, but never have. I need to knit one now. I want to make the garter st. beribboned sweater one of these days. I think this soft yellow one is adorable very sweet pattern.

I have many steps to take in the morning. July and August are busy months for us on the side of the hill.

My dears may you have as much pleasure in your life this week as you can endure. I think I could stand a bunch wish it back.

Edit GOOD GREIF!!! I forgot to put the yellow centers in the flowers. Think yellow centers for I am not taking new pics...it does add zip to the hat and booties.

2 comments:

glor said...

What an absolutely adorable set. Just beautifully done. I can picture a sweet little one in this. Is this going to anyone special? It will be a tresure to whoever receive it.

Mimi said...

I do love this set, and I have the cutest idea for another one that is almost making me cheat on my other projects. My last bunch of sweaters will go to a misson in Charleston, Mo. In the past I donated to my church, but they are not doing that now. I saw on tv the need in this misson so for lack of a place to send them they are going there. I know they are a little dressy, but maybe someone will want to show there little one off take more pride and even maybe go to church. I'm a dreamer of good things:)